Wednesday 16 January 2013

Image Prosser in Photoshop

In the Adobe Creative Suite there are some features that doesn't really get the use it deserves. In this blog I'm going to go through the Image Processor.


After I have edited photos I export them with no sharpening. I like to sharpen them with the high pass filter in photoshop, I like the way it makes the image pop and the little contrast boost it gives. The problem I have with this is its extremely time consuming, even with an action. Because I do most of my editing in Lightroom opening in photoshop and running the high pass filter is a massive inconvenience.

 

This is where the Image Processor is a massive time saver. After I have finished editing I export it as usual. I then find them in bridge highlight all the images and go to the Image Processor.

 

The settings I use are below, I don't include the ICC profile don't no why that is checked. I pick the destination folder, select the file type, choose the action I want and hit run.

 

There are many ways you can use this nifty feature. Heres a pretty cool one. If you make an action in photoshop with granular changes, colour, contrast boost that sort of thing. You can just insert your card, find you card in bridge and run the Image Prosser. This is a very quick and easy way to give your images a little something everyone else's images doesn't without the importing or anything like that.

Thanks for reading Ade Attwood

 

No comments:

Post a Comment