Sunday 2 June 2013

Book Review. Beyond the lens by Robert Rodriguez

Beyond the lens by Robert Rodriguez Jr.

Robert is a Landscape Photographer with most of his images coming from the Hudson Vally New York. You can find more about him Here

 

This book is about Roberts landscape photography in the Hudson Valley. He writes about how he creates the images not through the gear, but what goes through his head when he is creating these amazing images.

In the book there is a section about how he gets his motivation for what he dose, all the things that gets him out and capturing images. This section was especially interesting to me because this whole book inspired me to get out. After i finished this book the next weekend i went out and got some of my best images to date.

 

The main body of the book is packed full of information, about how Robert made some of the fantastic images in the Hudson Vally. In the chapter "The Making Of" there is a section on a image called "Ingonish Harbor, Nova Scotia". I particularly like this because it shows the dedication and persistence it takes to get a truly grate shot.

 

Its well put together as a interactive iBook, I cant speak for the PDF version but I'm sure it is just as good. As I said before the read is inspiring, I'm sure when you have finished you will want to get out and shoot as I did. What's better is its free and you can get it Here. Be sure to check out his website Here to see all the beautiful photographs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment